1. Discover from your network
a. The main home page is where you’ll see thumbnails of all posts from your network in real time. So you might discover a new recipe you never knew you were looking for, or restaurant or news item.
2. Discover from outside your network
a. The home page of the search includes all posts from all public accounts, so you might discover new foodie friends as well as new ideas for restaurants, recipes & news!
b. You can click on any user name when they comment or like a post in your network, so you can discover new foodie friends to connect with or follow that way too.
3. Follow the founders! @serena-founder and @kerstin-cofounder
Yes. We designed it this way so that each tip you share is easily findable later by topic, whether in a search or in a discovery mode by topic. So if you’re just interested in checking out the news of the day, you can just go to that feed.
Yes! Just like you’re used to, if you write #yum or #chicken you’ll be able to find those posts that use the same hashtag. Other users will see existing related hashtags as they type too so they can add to it.
1. You must tag the restaurant. The first field is a place for you to search for and tag the restaurant you’re posting about. It’s just like a Google search (because it’s linked to Google), so if your restaurant doesn’t appear quickly, just add a comma and the city, it should help.
a. You can’t share your post until this step is completed. This gives you and your friends all the Google Places info about that restaurant once shared, and links every users’ posts about that restaurant so that you can see them all in one spot.
2. Use Tasteland’s tags! These are in the blue box “+Add tags”, so that you and your friends can find the post again the next time you’re looking for a similar meal experience or cuisine.
3. Use hashtags in what you write in your post – they work really well in search! And when we notice new hashtags people are using, we’ll update the tag buttons too so they’re available to everyone.
You can share links to the original recipe from websites & Instagram! Or write your own.
To include in every post:
In your new post, click on the ‘upload image(s)’ box which will ask you to choose a location to find your photos.
a. While you are able to select multiple photos at once from your library, they will not post in any sequential order right now. That will come!
1. There is an ‘x’ in the upper right corner of each photo. This is available as you create each post and also whenever you choose to ‘edit’ a post.
a. You can edit one of your own posts by clicking the 3 dots at the top right corner of it in the feed. This will not change its position in the feed once you share again after editing.
2. Click ‘x’ to delete photo
1. Look for three vertical dots on the upper right side of the post. Select ‘edit post’ or ‘delete post’
a. For an edit, click share to update the changes. This will not change the post’s position in the feed.
They are saved in two places
Not yet, but that will certainly come with funding! As will the ability to write on photos and special foodie filters to help you get great shots.
Yes! At the top right corner of the Restaurant feed you’ll see it default to “Everywhere”. Click to select the city you’re interested in setting your feed to from the list. You can change it to others or back to Everywhere at any time.
Every restaurant in the feed is linked to its Google Places info. Just click the name of the restaurant from your feed.
Save posts directly from your feeds to scrapbook folders you’ve already created, so you can always find your food inspiration and content when you want it.
After you’ve downloaded Tasteland from the iOS App Store, select “Don’t have an account? Sign up.” This is below the blue ‘sign in’ button.
a. Add a profile picture so your friends know its you. This is optional.
b. Choose a privacy option – public or private – which you can change at any time.
You can do it during registration
a. Allow Tasteland to access your contacts
b. Next button brings you to a customizable message that will be included in the email invitation to download.
You can also invite friends anytime from your profile page, under settings
Yes. We never share or sell your personal information.
In your profile, under settings, select “privacy”
In your profile, in the ‘people’ icon next to the settings gear top right
We will send notifications when your friends like or comment on your post.
Please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you because your questions/feedback help us improve.
View Our Terms & Conditions
COPYRIGHT 2019 TASTELAND, LLC
SITE BY LUXE DESIGN CO.
Questions? Please email us.